American experience. Jubilee Singers. Interview with Toni Anderson, music historian. 2 of 5 / [produced by WGBH].
- Additional Titles:
- Interview with Toni Anderson, music historian, 2 of 5
Jubilee Singers : sacrifice and glory
- Boston, MA : WGBH Educational Foundation, 2000.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (25 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Anderson, Toni P., 1957-
WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.)
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Toni Anderson Interview about a group of young ex-slaves in Nashville, Tennessee, who set out on a mission to save their bankrupt school by giving concerts. Traveling first through cities in the North, then on to venues across Europe, the Jubilee Singers introduced audiences to the power of spirituals, the religious anthems of slavery. Driven to physical collapse and even death, the singers proved more successful - and more inspirational - than anyone could have imagined.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- "Sacrifice and glory"--remainder of documentary title.
Title from resource description page (viewed September 12, 2017).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Toni Anderson, interviewee.
View MARC record | catkey: 29630466