When your parent needs you : a guide to positive growth when caring for aging parents / Paraclete Video Productions ; producer, Charity Spatzeck-Olsen ; director, Hans Spatzeck-Olsen
- Additional Titles:
- When your parent needs you
- Brewster, Mass. : Paraclete Press, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (35 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Spatzeck-Olsen, Hans, Spatzeck-Olsen, Charity, Paraclete Video Productions, and Paraclete Press
- Language Note:
- In English.
- When Your Parent Needs You acknowledges that caring for an aging parent is an all-encompassing experience that affects every aspect of life. It brings changes and challenges that are difficult emotionally and physically. Through interviews with caregivers and experts on aging, this video addresses issues such as becoming your parent's caregiver, balancing work and personal life with the never-ending tasks of caregiving, coping with negative emotions and anxieties, and caring with compassion. When Your Parent Needs You emphasizes that caring for an aging parent can be more than an experience that is merely survived. It is an opportunity for personal growth, and most importantly, a window of time to give back to your parents and share their final years with them. The video features two specialists in caregiving and aging issues: Beth Witrogen McLeod and Avrene L. Brandt, Ph.D. Beth Witrogen McLeod is a journalist, speaker, consultant and author of Caregiving: The Spiritual Journey of Love, Loss and Renewal, which was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize. She has appeared on NBC's Today Show, and her articles on elder care have appeared in Good Housekeeping, Health, Family Circle, and The Wall Street Journal. Dr. Brandt, a practicing licensed clinical psychologist, is a consultant to the Greater Philadelphia Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association. She is the author of Caregiver's Reprieve.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed July 20, 2017).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrator: David Kampman. and Featuring: Beth Witrogen McLeod and Avrene L. Brandt, Ph.D.
View MARC record | catkey: 29630529