Any day now / PFM pictures presents ; a Famleefilm production ; a film by Travis Fine ; produced by Anne O'Shea [and others] ; written by George Arthur Bloom, Travis Fine ; directed by Travis Fine
- Chicago, IL : Music Box Films, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (99 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Fine, Travis, 1968-, O'Shea, Anne, and Famleefilm (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Winner of 10 Audience Awards at film festivals around the country and starring the amazing Alan Cumming, Any Day Now is a powerful tale of love, acceptance and family. When a teenager with Down syndrome (Isaac Leyva) is abandoned by his mother, a gay couple (Alan Cumming and Garret Dillahunt) takes him in and becomes the loving family he's never had. But when their unconventional living arrangement is discovered by authorities, the men are forced to fight a biased legal system to save the life of the child they have come to love as their own. Inspired by a true story from the late 1970s, Any Day Now touches on legal and social issues that are as relevant today as they were 35 years ago.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed June 27, 2017).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Alan Cumming, Garret Dillahunt, Isaac Leyva.
- Won 2012 Chicago International Film Festival, Best Narrative Feature
Won 2013 GLAAD Media Awards, Outstanding Film - Limited Release
Won 2012 L.A. Outfest, Outstanding Narrative Feature
Won 2012 L.A. Outfest, Best Actor
Won 2013 Long Island Gay and Lesbian Film Festival, Best Men's Feature
Won 2012 Provincetown International Film Festival, HBO Audience Award
Won 2012 Seattle International Film Festival, Best Film
Won 2012 Seattle International Film Festival, Best Actor
Won 2013 Sedona International Film Festival, Beast Feature Film
Won 2012 Tribeca Film Festival, Narrative
Won 2012 Woodstock Film Festival, Best Narrative Feature
View MARC record | catkey: 29630941