Shakespeare in perspective. Season 3, episode 4, The winter's tale / a personal view by Stephen Spender ; written and presented by Stephen Spender ; producer, Victor Poole ; director, David Wilson ; BBC
- Additional Titles:
- Shakespeare in perspective : The winter's tale and Winter's tale : a personal view by Stephen Spender
- London, England : British Broadcasting Corporation, 1981.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (25 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Wilson, David (Television director), Spender, Stephen, 1909-1995, Poole, Victor, and British Broadcasting Corporation
- Language Note:
- In English.
- The BBC produced Shakespeare in Perspective, a series of 25-minute personal introductions to individual plays by an eclectic range of presenters from the literary (Anthony Burgess, Dennis Potter, Jilly Cooper) to the scholarly (Germaine Greer, Frank Kermode, Michael Wood) to the celebrity (Roy Hudd, George Melly, Barry Took). These usually took the form of straight-to-camera addresses from assorted locations with some connection to the play, which were intercut with extracts from the accompanying BBC Shakespeare production, usually screened later that evening. This Shakespeare in Perspective episode, The Winter's Tale, was written and presented by poet and novelist Stephen Spender and was filmed at Wilton House, Wiltshire, England, with extracts from the BBC Television Shakespeare production of The Winter's Tale directed by Jane Howell.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed January 09, 2018).
"Extracts from the BBC Television Shakespeare production of The Winter's tale directed by Jane Howell."
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Presenter, Stephen Spender.
View MARC record | catkey: 29631028