Shakespeare in perspective. Season 2, episode 6, Hamlet / a personal view by Clive James ; written and presented by Clive James ; producer, Victor Poole ; director, David Wilson ; BBC
- Additional Titles:
- Shakespeare in perspective : Hamlet
Hamlet : a personal view by Clive James
- London, England : British Broadcasting Corporation, 1980.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (25 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Wilson, David (Television director)
James, Clive, 1939-2019
British Broadcasting Corporation
- Language Note:
- In English.
- The BBC produced Shakespeare in Perspective, a series of 25-minute personal introductions to individual plays by an eclectic range of presenters from the literary (Anthony Burgess, Dennis Potter, Jilly Cooper) to the scholarly (Germaine Greer, Frank Kermode, Michael Wood) to the celebrity (Roy Hudd, George Melly, Barry Took). These usually took the form of straight-to-camera addresses from assorted locations with some connection to the play, which were intercut with extracts from the accompanying BBC Shakespeare production, usually screened later that evening. This Shakespeare in Perspective episode, Hamlet, was written and presented by journalist Clive James with extracts from the BBC Television Shakespeare production of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark directed by Rodney Bennett.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed January 09, 2018).
"Extracts from the BBC Television Shakespeare production of Hamlet directed by Rodney Bennett."
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Presenter, Clive James.
View MARC record | catkey: 29631030