David Copperfield. Part 2 / by Charles Dickens ; screenplay by Adrian Hodges ; produced by Kate Harwood ; directed by Simon Curtis ; BBC, WGBH Boston co-production
- London, England : British Broadcasting Corporation, 1999.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (94 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Curtis, Simon, 1960-, Harwood, Kate, Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870. Selections, British Broadcasting Corporation, and WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.)
- Language Note:
- In English.
- This two-part series is a television adaptation of the Charles Dickens semi-autobiographical novel about a boy who in spite of a turbulent childhood, boldly faced life's challenges and became a successful author. Part 2 of 2 - David is now a young man about town. Deeply in love with the beautiful but immature Dora, he sets out to woo her. But first he re-acquaints himself with some old friends.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed January 09, 2018).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Alun Armstrong, Michael Elphick, Trevor Eve, Oliver Ford Davies, Emilia Fox, Bob Hoskins, Nicholas Lyndhurst, Ian McKellen, Ian McNiece, Pauline Quirke, Maggie Smith, Imelda Staunton, Zoë Wanamaker, Paul Whitehouse, Daniel Radcliffe, Ciarán McMenamin.
- Nominated 2000 Emmy Awards, Primetime Emmy Award, Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie
Nominated 2000 British Academy of Film and Television Arts, BAFTA TV Award, Best Actress
Nominated 2000 British Academy of Film and Television Arts, BAFTA TV Award, Best Editing
Nominated 2000 British Academy of Film and Television Arts, BAFTA TV Award, Best Photography and Lighting
Won 2000 Royal Television Society, RTS Television Award, Best Tape & Film Editing - Drama
View MARC record | catkey: 29631089