Theater design. Introduction to sound design / Alexander Street, a ProQuest company
- Additional Titles:
- Introduction to sound design
- Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (76 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Olivieri, Vincent and Alexander Street (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Introduction to the studio -- Sound design concept -- Sound design for the play -- Early drafts of music -- Designing for the stage -- Building music and sound for the space -- Rhythm and structure -- Collaboration -- Paperwork.
- Professor of Sound Design at the University of California Irvine, Vincent Olivieri, explores the fundamentals of sound design through the lens of his work on the recent play "Safe House" by Keith Josef Adkins. Olivieri focuses in on the art of sound design due to technology's rapid advancement, exploring script analysis, the creation of soundscapes, spatial awareness in sound design, and development of diegetic and non-diegetic sound. Detailing the process for creating successful cue lists and loudspeaker plots, Olivieri shows how each document is dynamic, often changing performance to performance, and how successful sound designers can learn to make their sound designs a living part of the play.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed October 20, 2017).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Vincent Olivieri, speaker.
View MARC record | catkey: 29631564