Simon Rattle and the London Symphony Orchestra, Webern, Berg, Ligeti, Stravinsky. Six pièces pour orchestre op. 6 = Six pieces op. 6 / Les Films Jack Febus, LSO Live Ltd ; in coproduction with Mezzo
- Webern, Anton, 1883-1945
- Uniform Title:
- Stücke, orchestra, op. 6
- Additional Titles:
- Six pieces
Six pièces pour orchestre op. 6
Six pieces op. 6
- London, England : London Symphony Orchestra, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (15 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Simonnet, Olivier
Rattle, Simon, 1955-
London Symphony Orchestra
Films Jack Fébus (Firm)
LSO Live (Sound recording label)
Mezzo (Television station : Paris, France)
- Canadian soprano Barbara Hannigan brings her phenomenal coloratura voice to bear on three bravura arias from Ligeti's opera Le grand macabre and three extracts featuring Marie, the doomed heroine of Berg's Wozzeck. The 'dazzling diamonds' of Webern's Six Orchestral Pieces and Stravinsky's The Rite of Spring, a century old but still fresh as paint, open and conclude this tremendous programme, conducted by Sir Simon Rattle.
- Medium of Performance:
- orchestra 1 1
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed October 17, 2017).
Written in 1909.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Directed by Olivier Simonnet.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- London Symphony Orchestra ; Sir Simon Rattle, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded Barbican Hall, London.
View MARC record | catkey: 29631761