Against all odds. 30, Inference for regression / writer/producer/director, Maggie Villiger ; Annenberg Learner ; Chedd Angier
- Additional Titles:
- Inference for regression
- District of Columbia : Annenberg Learner, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Villiger, Maggie, Sabeti, Pardis, 1975-, Annenberg Learner (Firm), and Chedd-Angier Production Company
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Historical story of how statisticians built the case against DDT as the culprit behind plummeting peregrine falcon population numbers. About this Series: The new Against All Odds is intended as a one-year introduction to statistics. Made up of vivid real-world examples, our goal is to present statistics in the context of its contemporary use. Host Dr. Pardis Sabeti guides viewers through the wide range of statistical applications used by scientists, business owners, and even Shakespeare scholars, in their work and daily lives. Starting with descriptive statistics, the series continues through probability and inference. Each unit builds on preceding ones to expand students' statistical knowledge and solidify their understanding of how the concepts fit together. Statistical case studies range from finding patterns in lightning strikes, to linking DDT to the decline of peregrine falcons, to analyzing salaries to lobby for comparable pay for men and women. Against All Odds takes you inside statistics!
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- "Inside statistics".
Title from resource description page (viewed August 14, 2018).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Host, Dr. Pardis Sabeti.
View MARC record | catkey: 29634193