Against all odds. 32, Summary / writer/producer/director, Maggie Villiger ; Annenberg Learner ; Chedd Angier
- Additional Titles:
- District of Columbia : Annenberg Learner, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (7 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Villiger, Maggie, Sabeti, Pardis, 1975-, Annenberg Learner (Firm), and Chedd-Angier Production Company
- Language Note:
- In English.
- This review of the course through the preceding 31 video modules provides an overview of the practice of statistics and helps students appreciate how statistical methods can help them better understand their world. About this Series: The new Against All Odds is intended as a one-year introduction to statistics. Made up of vivid real-world examples, our goal is to present statistics in the context of its contemporary use. Host Dr. Pardis Sabeti guides viewers through the wide range of statistical applications used by scientists, business owners, and even Shakespeare scholars, in their work and daily lives. Starting with descriptive statistics, the series continues through probability and inference. Each unit builds on preceding ones to expand students' statistical knowledge and solidify their understanding of how the concepts fit together. Statistical case studies range from finding patterns in lightning strikes, to linking DDT to the decline of peregrine falcons, to analyzing salaries to lobby for comparable pay for men and women. Against All Odds takes you inside statistics!
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- "Inside statistics". and Title from resource description page (viewed August 14, 2018).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Host, Dr. Pardis Sabeti.
View MARC record | catkey: 29634195