Health innovations. Beating heart failure / SW Pictures
- London, England : SW Pictures, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (3 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- SW Pictures Ltd
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Doctors at Hammersmith Hospital in London are testing a new treatment for heart failure. It's been discovered that nerves around the kidneys send messages to the brain, which leads to abnormal hormone levels causing heart failure. By permanently numbing these nerves with electricity and radio waves pulsed through a catheter, these damaging messages can't get through. With heart failure cases increasing worldwide, doctors say this novel approach offers fresh hope for patients.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed December 07, 2018).
View MARC record | catkey: 29635045