A midsummer night's dream / by William Shakespeare ; adapted by Russell T. Davies ; produced by Nikki Wilson ; directed by David Kerr ; BBC Cymru Wales
- London, England : BBC Worldwide, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (93 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Kerr, David, 1967-, Wilson, Nikki, Davies, Russell T., Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616, and BBC Wales
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Classic Shakespeare play adapted for television by Russell T Davies. In the tyrannical court of Athens, pitiless dictator Theseus plans his wedding to Hippolyta, a prisoner of war, and young Hermia is sentenced to death by her own father. Meanwhile, in the town below, amateur theatre group the Mechanicals rehearse, with all their comic rivalries. And beyond Athens, in the wild woods, dark forces are stirring.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed January 28, 2019).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- John Hannah, Eleanor Matsuura, Prisca Bakare, Matthew Tennyson, Paapa Essiedu, Kate Kennedy, Matt lucas, Elaine Paige, Hiran Abeysekera, Nonso Anozie, Maxine Peake.
View MARC record | catkey: 29635162