Brett : a life with no arms / produced & directed by Roger Graef ; Films of Record, a Ten Alps Company for BBC
- London, England : BBC Worldwide, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (58 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Graef, Roger, 1936-, Films of Record Ltd, and BBC Worldwide Learning
- Language Note:
- In English.
- This incredibly moving film sees BAFTA-award winning filmmaker Roger Graef travel to Australia to reconnect with Brett Nielsen who, 50 years ago, was the subject of Roger's first ever documentary, One of them is Brett. This original documentary told the story of a then four year old Brett who had been born without arms due to Thalidomide. It proved to be a landmark in broadcasting on the subject of disability, was shown around the world and went on to win numerous awards. Brett inspired viewers then, and this new film will inspire viewers today also. As he says himself, 'it doesn't matter what happens to you in your life, it matters how you deal with it.' Brett is now an accomplished motivational speaker, successful recording and concert artist - playing the piano with his toes - and an accomplished music producer. He is father now to three children and we see in this incredibly inspiring film, how Brett is now swapping roles with his own father who, in ailing health, needs his support.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed January 23, 2019).
View MARC record | catkey: 29635242