Infamous assassinations. Episode 8, The assassination of President McKinley / producer/directors, Jonathan Martin, Nicolas Wright ; produced by Nugus/Martin Productions Ltd. for BBC Worldwide Ltd
- Additional Titles:
- Assassination of President McKinley
- London, England : BBC Worldwide, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (27 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Wright, Nicolas (Television director and producer)
Nugus/Martin Productions, Ltd
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Get ready to witness the 20th Century's most damaging and outrageous assassination attempts, first-hand. From the assassination of John F Kennedy to the gunning down of Mahatma Gandhi, the tragic shooting of John Lennon to the brutal bombing of one of Hitler's henchmen, this series brings you as close to the killers as the cameramen themselves - which sometimes means just a few feet. Using rare archive footage and reconstructions, each episode focuses on a different story, from attacks on royalty, politicians and guerrilla leaders to media personalities who all, for one reason or another, stepped in the way of an assassin determined to bring their life to an end. Many of their motives have remained shrouded in mystery. Until now ... On September 6 1901, whilst opening an expedition, President McKinley was shot by Polish anarchist, Leon Czolgosz. McKinley's successor, 42-year-old Teddy Roosevelt, was sworn in within 12 hours. McKinley was the third US president to be assassinated. How did his killer get so close?
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed April 25, 2019).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrated by Robert Powell.
View MARC record | catkey: 29635419