Infamous assassinations. Episode 5, The assassination of Leon Trotsky / producer/directors, Jonathan Martin, Nicolas Wright ; produced by Nugus/Martin Productions Ltd. for BBC Worldwide Ltd
- Additional Titles:
- Assassination of Leon Trotsky
- London, England : BBC Worldwide, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (27 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Wright, Nicolas (Television director and producer)
Nugus/Martin Productions, Ltd
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Get ready to witness the 20th Century's most damaging and outrageous assassination attempts, first-hand. From the assassination of John F Kennedy to the gunning down of Mahatma Gandhi, the tragic shooting of John Lennon to the brutal bombing of one of Hitler's henchmen, this series brings you as close to the killers as the cameramen themselves - which sometimes means just a few feet. Using rare archive footage and reconstructions, each episode focuses on a different story, from attacks on royalty, politicians and guerrilla leaders to media personalities who all, for one reason or another, stepped in the way of an assassin determined to bring their life to an end. Many of their motives have remained shrouded in mystery. Until now ... On 20 August 1940, the exiled Bolshevik leader was assassinated with an ice-pick by Ramon Mercader, who was undoubtedly working on behalf of Stalin and his secret police. Why was it still necessary for Stalin to assassinate him?
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed April 25, 2019).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrated by Robert Powell.
View MARC record | catkey: 29635423