Joanna Lumley's Japan. Episode 3 / producer, Stephanie Fyfe ; produced & directed by Ewen Thomson
- London, England : BBC Worldwide, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (48 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Thomson, Ewen, Fyfe, Stephanie, Lumley, Joanna, Burning Bright Productions, and BBC Worldwide Ltd
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Absolutely Fabulous star Joanna Lumley travels across Japan from the icy Siberian seas of the North to the subtropical islands of the South. Her journey starts in the sub-zero temperatures of Hokkaido, home to some of Japan's most beautiful and endangered wild animals. Winding her way south, Joanna visits the metropolitan sprawl that is Tokyo, the ancient capital Kyoto with its stunning temples, and the city of Nagasaki with its tragic past. Her epic journey comes to an end on the idyllic beaches of Kohama, one of Japan's most remote pacific islands and home to a 'girl band' with an average age of 84. In the last part of the journey, the actress heads to the island of Shikoku hoping to gain a better understanding of Japanese Buddhism. She then takes a bullet train to another island - Kyushu - where she finds the Henn Na Hotel, the world's first robot hotel. At Nagasaki, she visits Shiroyama Elementary school, one of the only buildings to survive the atomic bomb dropped on the city in 1945. Joanna then travels to Sakurajima, one of the country's most active volcanoes, before heading to the islands of Okinawa where one of the bloodiest battles of the Second World War was fought.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed February 14, 2019).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Presented by Joanna Lumley.
View MARC record | catkey: 29635468