This farming life. [Series 1], Ep. 6 / filmed and directed by Alison Pinkney, Jane Handa, Calum Angus MacKay ; BBC Scotland Documentaries production
- Additional Titles:
- This farming life. Series 1, Episode 6 and This farming life. Ep. 6
- London, England : BBC Worldwide, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (59 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- MacKay, Calum Angus, 1964-, Handa, Jane, Pinkney, Alison, Thornton, James, 1975-, BBC Worldwide Ltd, and BBC Scotland
- Language Note:
- In English.
- It's January and the new year brings wild weather. On the Isle of Lewis in the Outer Hebrides on the edge of the Atlantic, ex-barrister turned crofter Sandy Granville is surveying the damage to his croft after one of the worst storms on record. North of Aberdeen, Martin Irvine and fiancee Mel are braving the freezing temperatures to scan their pregnant ewes to see how many lambs they can expect in the spring. Further north near Inverness, John Scott is doing the same with his flock, but has a surprise when he scans some ewes sold to him by his brother-in-law. On the west coast, hill farmers Sybil and George MacPherson are trying to return four male tup lambs, lent to them two months ago by a close friend. John Scott and Martin Irvine head to the Stirling bull sales, each hoping to sell four of their best bulls at the first prestigious sale of the year, attended by Princess Anne.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed April 12, 2019).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrator: James Thornton.
View MARC record | catkey: 29635728