Churches. Episode 4, Reformation : chaos and creation / series produced & directed by Jonathan Mayo ; BBC Productions
- Additional Titles:
- Churches : how to read them and Reformation : chaos and creation
- London, England : BBC Worldwide, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (30 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Mayo, Jonathan and BBC Productions
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Richard Taylor tries to understand the intense medieval devotion to the Virgin Mary and how this fueled the anger of the Reformation that followed. Richard 'reads' a ruined church and explains how it was not Henry VIII but his boy-king successor, Edward VI, who was responsible for the greatest changes in the Reformation. He also traces how the Book of Common Prayer and the translation of the Bible into English transformed the way that the English worshipped and the appearance of their churches. Richard travels to Burntisland in Fife, whose square-built church was a radical attempt by the Scots to break with their Catholic past.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed January 28, 2019). and "How to read them".
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Written and presented by Richard Taylor.
View MARC record | catkey: 29636064