Myths & monsters. Season 1, episode 1, Heroes & villains / produced by Daniel Kontur, William Simpson ; directed by Daniel Kontur ; 3DD
- Additional Titles:
- Heroes and villains and Heroes & villains
- London, England : 3DD Productions, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (46 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Kontur, Daniel, Simpson, William (Screenwriter), and 3DD Productions
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Stories of heroes and the villains encountered on their adventures are among the most thrilling in all mythology. This episode examines the controversial theory that a common structure exists in such stories that transcends cultural and historical influences. That was the theory of American mythologist Joseph Campbell. His work has shaped popular thinking about myth and was a key influence on icons of modern culture such as the Star Wars saga and Harry Potter. This episode explains Campbell's 'Hero's Journey' step by step, showing how it applies to ancient heroes such as Odysseus, King Arthur, and Sigurd.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed August 12, 2019).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Presented by Nicholas Day.
View MARC record | catkey: 29637405