Moldau / Smetana
- Smetana, Bedřich, 1824-1884
- Uniform Title:
- Má vlast. Vltava
- Additional Titles:
- Rouvali conducts Moldau
- Paris, France : Windrose (Film distributor), 2018.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (15 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Fogelberg, Måns Pär
Rouvali, Santtu-Matias, 1985-
- The National Orchestra of Sweden in Gothenburg performs Bedřich Smetana's famous "The Moldau" under the conduction of the Finnish talented Santtu-Matias Rouvali. Smetana lived in Gothenburg from 1856 to 1862 as music teacher and choirmaster. It was during these years that he started writing his large-scale orchestral works. Those musical pieces were performed in Gothenburg 150 years ago. It is therefore in the continuation of the tradition that Smetana's music resonates in the walls of the city. The concert was shot in the National Orchestra of Sweden in Gothenburg.
- Medium of Performance:
- orchestra 1 1
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed August 26, 2019).
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Produced by Gothenburg Symphony ; producer, Måns Pär Fogelberg.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Gothenburg Symphony ; Santtu-Matias Rouvali, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded Gothenburg Concert Hall.
View MARC record | catkey: 29637908