Counseling theories in action series. Existential therapy / Alexander Street, a ProQuest Company ; [with] Matt Englar-Carlson, PhD, Fredric Rabinowitz, PhD
- Additional Titles:
- Counseling theories in action. Existential therapy
- Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street, a ProQuest Company, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (105 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Englar-Carlson, Matt, Rabinowitz, Fredric Eldon, 1956-, and Alexander Street (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Counseling theory is the compass that allows counselors to navigate the vast territory of clinical practice. A sound counseling theory helps the client and counselor make sense of the client's experiences and presenting concern. Theory also guides actions toward successful outcomes while generating hope that recovery is possible. Counseling Theories in Action series presents four clinicians working with four different clients. The theories represented are Solution-Focused, Transpersonal, Existential, and Cognitive Behavioral. Viewers will see how professionals make sense of their chosen theoretical model and witness a variety of evidence-based theoretical interventions with the client. The series is a perfect complement to teaching a counseling theories course, as the videos "bring theory to life". Intervention Techniques for Existential: •Life Journey Reflection •Being Alone •Finding Meaning •What is Important in Life •The Rearview Mirror.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed September 30, 2019).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Host: Matt Englar-Carlson, PhD; client, Fredric Rabinowitz, PhD.
View MARC record | catkey: 29638181