Map it : the hands-on guide to strategic training design / Cathy Moore
- Moore, Cathy
- Additional Titles:
- Hands-on guide to strategic training design
- [United States] : Montesa Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xi, 406 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Introduction: Is this book for you? -- Our cultural challenge -- If we don't teach, then what do we do? -- Steer the client in the right direction -- Start the kickoff meeting and write your goal -- What do they need to do? -- Why aren't they doing it? -- Brainstorm activity ideas -- Consider the format -- Activity design: choose an activity and interview the SME -- Activity design: stem and options -- Activity design: feedback -- Activity design: add the information -- Prototype and refine -- Outline, produce, deliver, evaluate -- Conclusion: what you've done -- Appendix 1: job aids for action mappers -- Appendix 2: common concerns about action mapping -- Appendix 3. Checklist for strong learning design -- Appendix 4: summary for the scenario design process.
- No more information dumps! Map It helps you turn training requests into projects that make a real difference. You'll learn how to: •Help the client identify what's really causing the performance problem. •Determine the role (if any!) of training. •Create realistic activities that help people practice what they need to do, not just show what they know. •Choose the best format for each activity -- online, projected to a group, on paper, as a small-group activity, over email... •Provide each activity at the best time -- in the workflow, available on demand, spaced over time... •Let people pull the information they need to complete the activity -- no more information dumps! •Enjoy creating challenging activities that people want to complete. •Show how your project has improved the performance of the organization. Using humor and lots of examples, Map It walks you through action mapping, a visual approach to needs analysis and training design. Organizations around the world use action mapping to improve performance with targeted, efficient training.
- 9780999174500 paperback
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -401) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 29669559