Magnificat for SATB and chamber ensemble / Francesco Durante ; edited by John Rutter
- Durante, Francesco, 1684-1755
- Uniform Title:
- Magnificats, mixed voices, string orchestra, B♭ major
- Additional Titles:
- Magnificat for five voices
- Oxford : Oxford University Press Music Department, 
- Copyright Date:
- Full score.
- Physical Description:
- 1 score (27 pages) ; 32 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Rutter, John, 1945-
- Language Note:
- Latin words.
- Format of Notated Music:
- Musical key:
- B♭ major
- Medium of Performance:
- mixed chorus 1 string orchestra 1 2
mixed chorus 1 instrumental ensemble 1 2
- For mixed chorus (SSATB) with string orchestra and continuo, or instrumental ensemble.
"Instrumentation: Violin I (minimum 2 players); Violin II (minimum 1 player); Cello (minimum 1 player) - optional; Double bass (minimum 1 player) - optional; Continuo (organ or harpsichord); Lute continuo - optional"--Preface.
Originally published in a revised version for four voices, later misattributed to Pergolesi.
Based on the autograph manuscript preserved in the Biblioteca del Conservatorio, Naples (shelf mark: Rari 1.6.19).
Preface in English.
View MARC record | catkey: 29672521