Musical theater in schools : purpose, process, performance / Rekha S. Rajan
- Rajan, Rekha S.
- New York, NY : Oxford University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (x, 156 pages)
- ACT I The Purpose of Musical Theater. Understanding Musical Theater -- Learning Through Musical Theater -- Musical Theater Repertoire -- ACT II An Interdisciplinary Process. Creating -- Responding -- Connecting -- ACT III Performing Musical Theater. Auditions -- Casting -- Rehearsals and Performance -- Encore. Beyond Broadway.
- Musical Theater in Schools: Purpose, Process, and Performance is a comprehensive resource for general classroom teachers, music and drama educators. Drawing upon musical theater terminology, the book is organized into three distinct acts and provides strategies for including musical theater across the K-12 curriculum, considering musical theater as an interdisciplinary art form, and building collaborative projects throughout the school community.
- 0190603224 (electronic book)
9780190603229 (electronic book)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 29672780