Unnatural narratology : extensions, revisions, and challenges / edited by Jan Alber and Brian Richardson
- Theory and interpretation of narrative
- (Un)natural connections: feminist experimentation and unnatural narration in Nights at the circus / Catherine Romagnolo -- Anima by Wajdi Mouawad: unnatural or naturalized? / Sylvie Patron -- Unnatural narrative in a postcolonial context: impossibilities in Aboriginal Australian fiction / Dorothee Klein -- Empathy the long way ’round: unnatural autographic narration / Christopher D. Kilgore -- Metalepsis and emotion in unnatural stories / Daniel Punday -- The (un)natural response: reading Walter Abish’s Alphabetical Africa / Roy Sommer -- Transcending humanistic and cognitive models: unnatural characters in fiction, drama, and popular culture / Brian Richardson -- (Un)natural temporalities in graphic narratives / Raphaël Baroni -- The unnatural conventions of the interactive gamebook / Paul Wake.
- "Puts unnatural narratology into dialogue with feminism, affect theory, cultural studies, postcolonialism, and graphic and performed narratives, and offers both extensions and revisions of the movement"--
- 9780814214190 (hardcover) and 0814214193 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 29673227