Research success : a Q & A review applying critical thinking to test taking / Geraldine N. Valencia Go.
- Valencia Go, Geraldine N.
- Philadelphia, PA : F.A. Davis Company, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- InsideFrontCover; Title Page; Copyright; Dedication; Reviewers; Acknowledgments; Table of Contents; Critical Thinking and Research: Your Paradigm for Living and Working; TO THE NURSING INSTRUCTOR; To the Nursing Student; Helpful Study Habits and Test-Taking Strategies; How to Be "Test Smart"; How to Use This Book; Chapter 1 Establishing a Framework for Awareness and Understanding of Research; KEY WORDS; QUESTIONS; Historical Milestones in Nursing Research; Research and Its Role in Nursing Practice; Types of Research; Purposes of Research in Nursing; Roles of Nurses in Research., The National Institute of Nursing ResearchQuantitative and Qualitative Approaches; ANSWERS AND RATIONALES; Chapter 2 Creating the Foundatio2n for Evidence-Based Practice; KEY WORDS; QUESTIONS; Evidence-Based Practice; Sources of Nursing Evidence; Processes to Synthesize Research Evidence; Barriers to Evidence-Based Practice; Overcoming Barriers to Evidence-Based Practice; ANSWERS AND RATIONALES; Chapter 3 Judging the Ethical and Legal Aspects of Research; KEY WORDS; QUESTIONS; Historical Perspectives of Ethics in Research; Regulatory Aspects of Ethical Research., Rights of Research ParticipantsProtecting the Rights of Research Participants; Research with Vulnerable Groups; Ethics in Qualitative Research; ANSWERS AND RATIONALES; Chapter 4 Exploring the Role of Quantitative Research in Evidence-Based Practice; KEY WORDS; QUESTIONS; The Positivist Paradigm; Introduction to Quantitative Research; Evaluation and Dissemination; Concepts and Processes in Quantitative Research; ANSWERS AND RATIONALES; Chapter 5 Getting Familiar with Quantitative Research Studies; KEY WORDS; QUESTIONS; Quantitative Research Terminology; Parts of a Published Research Report., Phases of a Quantitative Research StudyANSWERS AND RATIONALES; Chapter 6 Examining Research Problems, Purposes, and Hypotheses; KEY WORDS; QUESTIONS; Problem Statement; Research Purpose and Question; Research Hypothesis; Feasibility of a Study; Significance of a Study; Critiquing Research Problems and Hypotheses; ANSWERS AND RATIONALES; Chapter 7 Searching for Relevant Literature; KEY WORDS; QUESTIONS; Purposes of a Literature Review; Literature Review Processes and Terminology; Critiquing Literature Reviews; ANSWERS AND RATIONALES., and Chapter 8 Describing Theories and Conceptual Frameworks and ModelsKEY WORDS; QUESTIONS; Concepts in Research; Theories in Research and Evidence-Based Practice; Conceptual Models and Frameworks; Qualitative Research and Theory; Critiquing the Framework of a Study; ANSWERS AND RATIONALES; Chapter 9 Evaluating Quantitative Research Designs; KEY WORDS; QUESTIONS; Research Design Concepts; Experimental and Quasi-Experimental Designs; Nonexperimental Designs; Critiquing a Study Design; ANSWERS AND RATIONALES; Chapter 10 Evaluating Other Types of Studies and Integrative Processes; KEY WORDS.
- Here's all of the crucial coverage you need to succeed in class and confidently prepare for your classroom exams and the NCLEX.
- 9780803646629 (electronic bk.)
0803646623 (electronic bk.)
- "Two books in one: Q & A course review, NCLEX exam prep"--Cover.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 29673409