Our children, their children : confronting racial and ethnic differences in American juvenile justice / edited by Darnell F. Hawkins and Kimberly Kempf-Leonard
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- x, 459 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Hawkins, Darnell Felix, 1946- and Kempf Leonard, Kimberly
- The role of race and ethnicity in juvenile justice processing / Donna M. Bishop -- Racial and ethnic differences in juvenile offending / Janet L. Lauritsen -- Degrees of discretion : the first juvenile court and the problem of difference in the early twentieth century / David S. Tanenhaus -- Race and the jurisprudence of juvenile justice : a tale in two parts, 1950-2000 / Barry C. Feld -- Suburban sprawl, race, and juvenile justice / Paul A. Jargowsky, Scott A. Desmond, and Robert D. Crutchfield -- Race and crime : the contribution of individual, familial, and neighborhood-level risk factors to life-course-persistent offending / Alex R. Piquero, Terri E. Moffitt, and Brian Lawton -- Explaining assessments of future risk : race and attributions of juvenile offenders in presentencing reports / Sara Steen ... [et al.] -- Justice by geography : racial disparity and juvenile courts / Timothy M. Bray, Lisa L. Sample, and Kimberly Kempf-Leonard -- Race, ethnicity, and juvenile justice : is there bias in postarrest decision making / Paul E. Tracy -- Disproportionate minority confinement/contact (DMC) : the federal initiative / Carl E. Pope and Michael J. Leiber -- Mental health issues among minority offenders in the juvenile justice system / Elizabeth Cauffman and Thomas Grisso -- Minimizing harm from minority disproportion in American juvenile justice / Franklin E. Zimring.
- 0226319881 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2970097