Graphic novels now : building, managing, and marketing a dynamic collection / Francisca Goldsmith
- Goldsmith, Francisca
- Chicago : American Library Association, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 113 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Why graphic novels now? : modern readers, modern libraries -- What is the right word for a book that looks like this? : definitions -- What is good? : finding reviews and developing collections -- How can I deal with Pigeons from hell? : maintaining graphic novel collections -- Can readers find your library's graphic novels? : classification and descriptive cataloging -- How does the collection find new readers? : marketing and promotion -- How can you put legs on your graphic novels? : creating programs to get the collection up and walking -- The politics of graphic novels.
- By focusing on monographic works in a practical, in-depth professional discussion, this guide helps librarians grapple with the details of a growing genre and customer base that rarely fits into an easy model.
- 0838909043 (alk. paper)
9780838909041 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2974344