Globalizing India : perspectives from below / edited by Jackie Assayag and C.J. Fuller
- London : Anthem Press, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 236 pages ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Assayag, Jackie and Fuller, C. J. (Christopher John), 1949-
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Anthem South Asian studies
- Introduction / Jackie Assayag and C.J. Fuller -- On the history of globalization and India : concepts, measures and debates / G. Balachandran and Sanjay Subrahmanyam -- In search of "basmatisthan" : agro-nationalism and globalization / Denis Vidal -- Seeds of wrath : agriculture, biotechnology and globalization / Jackie Assayag -- Weaving for IKEA in South India : subcontracting, labour markets and gender relations in a global value chain / Geert De Neve -- Children are capital, grandchildren are interest : changing educational strategies and parenting in Calcutta's middle-class families / Henrike Donner -- Of languages, passions and interests : education, regionalism and globalization in Maharashtra, 1800-2000 / Véronique Bénéï -- Maps of audiences : Bombay films, the French territory and the making of an "oblique" market / Emmanuel Grimaud -- Malabar gods, nation-building and world culture : on perceptions of the local and the global / Gilles Tarabout -- Globalizing Hinduism : a "traditional" guru and modern businessmen in Chennai / C.J. Fuller and John Harriss.
- 1843311941 (hardback) and 184331195X (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 2975482