Reimagining schools : the selected works of Elliot W. Eisner / Elliot W. Eisner
- Eisner, Elliot W.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 220 pages ; 24 cm.
- World library of educationalists series
- Children's creativity in art; a study of types -- Educational objectives: help or hindrance? -- Instructional and expressive educational objectives: their formulation and use in curriculum -- Educational connisseurship and criticism: their form and functions in educational evaluation -- On the uses of educational connoisseurship and criticism for evaluating classroom life -- What do children learn when they paint? -- On the differences between scientific and artistic approaches to qualitative research -- The role of the arts in cognition and curriculum -- Can educational research inform educational practice? -- Aesthetic modes of knowing -- The celebration of thinking -- The primacy of experience and the politics of method -- Slippery moves and blind alleys: my travels with absolutism and relativism in curriculum theory -- The misunderstood role of the arts in human development -- Educational reform and the ecology of schooling -- Forms of understanding and the future of educational research -- Standards for American schools: help or hindrance? -- The promise and perils of alternative forms of data representation -- what does it mean to say a school is doing well? -- From episteme to phronesis to artistry in the study and improvement of teaching -- What can education learn from the arts about the practice of education?
- 0415366445 (hbk.), 9780415366441 (hbk.), 0415366453 (pbk.), and 9780415366458 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2995076