Contemporary debates in aesthetics and the philosophy of art / edited by Matthew Kieran
- Malden, MA : Blackwell Pub., 2006.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 370 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Kieran, Matthew, 1968-
- Aesthetic empiricism and the challenge of fakes and ready-mades / Gordon Graham -- Against enlightened empiricism / David Davies -- Beauty and ugliness in and out of context / Marcia Muelder Eaton -- Terrible beauties / Carolyn Korsmeyer -- Aesthetic experience : a question of content / Noël Carroll -- The aesthetic state of mind / Gary Iseminger -- Art and cognition / Berys Gaut -- Cognitive values in the arts : marking the boundaries / Peter Lamarque -- The speaking image : visual communication and the nature of depiction / Robert Hopkins -- The domain of depiction / Dominic McIver Lopes -- Artistic expression and the hard case of pure music / Stephen Davies -- Musical expressiveness as hearability-as-expression / Jerrold Levinson -- Anne Brontë and the uses of imagination / Gregory Currie -- Imagine that! / Jonathan M. Weinberg and Aaron Meskin -- Genuine rational fictional emotions / Tamar Szabó Gendler and Karson Kovakovich -- The challenge of irrationalism, and how not to meet it / Derek Matravers -- Interpretation and the problem of the relevant intention / Robert Stecker -- Art, meaning, and artist's meaning / Daniel O. Nathan -- There are no aesthetic principles / Alan H. Goldman -- Iron, leather, and critical principles / George Dickie -- Artistic value and opportunistic moralism / Eileen John -- Ethical criticism and the vice of moderation / Daniel Jacobson.
- 140510239X (hardcover : alk. paper)
1405102403 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2995225