SME mineral processing & extractive metallurgy handbook / managing editor: Robert C. Dunne ; editors: S. Komar Kawatra & Courtney A. Young
- Additional Titles:
- SME mineral processing and extractive metallurgy handbook
- Englewood, Colorado : Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration (SME), 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxix, 2,203 pages, 22 differently numbered pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Kawatra, S. K. and Young, Courtney, 1962-
- Mineral characterization and analysis -- Management and reporting -- Comminution -- Classification and washing -- Transport and storage -- Physical separations -- Physical separations -- Flotation -- Solid and liquid separation -- Disposal -- Hydrometallurgy -- Pyrometallurgy -- Processing of selected metals, minerals, and materials.
- "The Mineral Processing & Extractive Metallurgy Handbook is a mining and minerals reference book including information on mineral characterization and analysis, management and reporting, comminution, classification and washing, transport and storage, physical separations, flotation, solid and liquid separation, hydrometallurgy, pyrometallurgy, and processing of selected metals, minerals, and materials"--
This landmark publication distills the body of knowledge that characterizes mineral processing and extractive metallurgy as disciplinary fields. It will inspire and inform current and future generations of minerals and metallurgy professionals. Mineral processing and extractive metallurgy are atypical disciplines, requiring a combination of knowledge, experience, and art. Investing in this trove of valuable information is a must for all those involved in the industry--students, engineers, mill managers, and operators. More than 192 internationally recognized experts have contributed to the handbook's 128 thought-provoking chapters that examine nearly every aspect of mineral processing and extractive metallurgy. This inclusive reference addresses the magnitude of traditional industry topics and also addresses the new technologies and important cultural and social issues that are important today.
- 9780873353861 electronic book
0873353862 electronic book
9781523121533 (electronic bk.)
152312153X (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 29957603