Inherit the Dead : a novel / Mark Billingham, Lawrence Block, CJ Box, Ken Bruen, Alafair Burke, Stephen L. Carter, Mary Higgins Clark, Marcia Clark, Max Allan Collins, John Connolly, James Grady, Bryan Gruley, Heather Graham, Charlaine Harris, Val McDermid, SJ Rozan, Jonathan Santlofer, Dana Stabenow, Lisa Unger, Sarah Weinman ; edited by John Santlofer ; with a preface by Linda Fairstein and an introduction by Lee Child
- New York : Touchstone, 
- First Touchstone hardcover edition.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 265 pages ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Santlofer, Jonathan, 1946-
- Introduction / Lee Child -- One / Jonathan Santlofer -- Two / Stephen L. Carter -- Three / Marcia Clark -- Four / Heather Graham -- Five / Charlaine Harris -- Six / Weinman, Sarah -- Seven / Bryan Gruley -- Eight / Alafair Burke -- Nine / John Connolly -- Ten / James Grady -- Eleven / Ken Bruen -- Twelve / Lisa Unger -- Thirteen / S.J. Rozan -- Fourteen / Dana Stabenow -- Fifteen / Val McDermid -- Sixteen / Mary Higgins Clark -- Seventeen / C.J. Box -- Eighteen / Max Allan Collins -- Nineteen / Mark Billingham -- Twenty / Lawrence Block -- Acknowledgments -- About safe horizon / Linda Fairstein.
- "TO FIND AN ANGEL, HE MADE A DEAL WITH THE DEVIL. Pericles "Perry" Christo is a PI with a past--a former cop, who lost his badge and his family when a corruption scandal left him broke and disgraced. When wealthy Upper East Side matron Julia Drusilla summons him one cold February night, he grabs what seems to be a straightforward (and lucrative) case. The socialite is looking for her beautiful, aimless daughter, Angelina, who is about to become a very wealthy young woman. But as Christo digs deeper, he discovers there's much more to the lovely "Angel" than meets the eye. Her father, her best friend, her boyfriends all have agendas of their own. Angel, he soon realizes, may be in grave danger. and if Christo gets too close, he just might get caught in the crossfire. This classic noir tale twists and turns down New York's mean streets and along Hamptons' beaches and back roads during a bitterly cold and gray winter where nothing is as it seems and everyone has something to hide. In an inventive storytelling approach, each writer brings his or her distinctive voice to a chapter of Inherit the Dead, building the tension to a shocking, explosive finale"--
- 9781451684759 (hardback)
- Description based on surrogate.
View MARC record | catkey: 29957635