Introduction to nuclear and particle physics / A. Das and T. Ferbel
- Das, Ashok, 1953-
- Additional Titles:
- Nuclear and particle physics
- River Edge, N.J. : World Scientific, 
- Copyright Date:
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xv, 399 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Ferbel, Thomas
- Rutherford scattering -- Nuclear phenomenology -- Nuclear models -- Nuclear radiation -- Applications of nuclear physics -- Energy deposition in media -- Particle detection -- Accelerators -- Properties and interactions of elementary particles -- Symmetries -- Discrete transformations -- Neutral kaons, oscillations, and CP violation -- Formulation of the standard model -- Standard model and confrontation with data -- Beyond the standard model.
- The original edition of Introduction to Nuclear and ParticlePhysics was used with great success for single-semester courses onnuclear and particle physics offered by American and Canadianuniversities at the undergraduate level. It was also translated intoGerman, and used overseas.
- Other Subject(s):
- 9812564357 (electronic bk.)
9789812564351 (electronic bk.)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Endowment Note:
- Kerry and Janice (Harms) Kissinger Libraries Excellence Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 29957674