Treaty with the Kalapuya, etc. 1855
- Corporate Author:
- United States
- [Getzville, New York] : William S. Hein & Company, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Confederated Bands of Indians Residing in the Willamette Valley
- HeinOnline American Indian law collection
- Articles of agreement and convention made and concluded at Dayton, Oregon Territory, by Joel Palmer superintendent of Indian affairs, on the part of the United States, and the following-named chiefs of the confederated bands of Indians residing in the Willamette Valley, they being duly authorized thereto by their respective bands, to wit: Ki-a-kuts, Le Medecin, and Yat-Skaw, or Dave, chiefs of the Tua-latin band of Calapooias, Shap-h, or William, Shel-ke-ah, or David, and Cha-ah, or Jesse, chiefs of the Yam Hill band, Dabo, or Jim, Sco-la-quit, or John, and Yah-kow or Kompetine, chiefs of the Che-luk-i-ma-uke band, Ah-mo, or George, Himpher or Hubbard, and Oh-no, or Tim, chiefs of the Chep-en-a-pho or Marysville band, Ma-mah-mo, or Charley Peter, Cha-che-clue, or Tom, and Quineflat, or Ben, chiefs of the Chem-a-pho or Maddy band, Luck-a-ma-foo, or Antoine, and Hoo-til, or Charley, chief of the Che-lam-e-la or Long Tom band, all of the Calapooias, Qui-a-qua-ty, Yalkus, and Kow-ka-ma, or Long Hair chiefs of the Mo-lal-la band of the Mo-lal-las, Kiles, or Jim, and Kow-ah-tough, or John, chiefs of the Calapooia band of Calapooias, Anta-quil-al-la, or John, and Mequah, of the Winnefelly and Mohawk bands, Yack-a-tee, or Sam, To-phor or Jim Brown, and Hal-la-be, or Doctor, of the Tekopa band, Pulk-tah, of the Chafan band of the Calapooia tribe, Tum-walth and O-ban-a-hah, chiefs of the Wah-lal-pi-coto, chiefs of the Clack-a-mas tribe; Lallak and Cuck-a-man-na, or David, of the Clow-we-wal-la or Willamette Tum-water band, Tow-ye-col-la, or Louis, Yelk-ma, or Jo, La-ham, or Tom, Joseph Sangertta, Pullican, Te-na, or Kiles, Pul-kup-li-ma, or John, Sallaf or Silas, Hovp-ke-nek, or Jack, Yepta, and Sat-invose or James, chiefs and head-men o the Santram bands of Calapooias--
- "Treaty Number: NAM000300."
Treaty date: 1/22/1855.
Extracted from: United States. Statutes at large and treaties of the United States of America. Boston : Charles C. Little and James Brown, 1851-1859.
Extracted from: United States. Indian affairs : laws and treaties / compiled and edited by Charles J. Kappler. Washington : Government Printing Office, 1903-1971.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- 10 Stat. 1143
2 Indian Affairs Laws and Treaties (1904) 665
View MARC record | catkey: 29959146