Diltheyev san : ogledi o ljudskoj prirodi i kulturi / Derek Freeman ; prevoditelj dr. sc. Armano Srbljinović
- Freeman, Derek
- Uniform Title:
- Dilthey's dream. Croatian
- Additional Titles:
- Dilthey's dream : essays on human nature and culture
- Acton, A.C.T. : ANU Press, 2016.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- Electronic text (176 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Srbljinović, Armano
Australian National University Press
- Language Note:
- In Croatian.
- Predgovor (James J. Fox) -- Ljudska priroda i kultura -- Antropologija izbora -- Paradigme u sukobu -- »Pitanje svih pitanja« -- U pohvalu hereze -- Sazrijevanje na Samoi Margaret Meadi boasovski kulturizam.
- With great eloquence, Derek Freeman takes the reader on an intellectual journey through the complexities of philosophical anthropology. Even while the controversial Nature-Nurture debate raged, Freeman contended that the crucial fact that humans had the capacity to make choices was 'both intrinsic to our biology and basic to the very formation of cultures'. Thus the scene was set for his widely publicised criticism of Margaret Mead's book Coming of Age in Samoa. Publishing her research in 1926, Mead concluded that all human behaviour was the result of social conditioning. Freeman refuted this assumption in 1983, urging closer interactions between the biological sciences and cultural studies to bridge the ever-widening chasm threatening all studies of humankind. Dilthey's Dream is an engagingly powerful set of essays depicting the depth of one man's thinking on issues, which consumed a lifetime.
- 9781760460488 ebook
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 163-176).
- Original Version:
- Originally published in English by Pandanus Books as Dilthey's dream : essays on human nature and culture.
- Technical Details:
- Ebook accessible via internet.
View MARC record | catkey: 29960396