At wit's end : plain talk on Alzheimer's for families and clinicians / George Kraus
- Kraus, George, 1950-
- West Lafayette, Ind. : Purdue University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 193 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Pt. 1: What is Alzheimer's? Basic facts ; Natural aging ; Alzheimer's is a type of dementia ; Evidence of Alzheimer's ; Distinguishing between delirium, Alzheimer's, and other dementias ; Two case studies : applying the basics -- Pt. 2: How to evaluate for Alzheimer's. This person I used to know : measuring the status of mental functioning in Alzheimer's ; Measuring Alzheimer's in action ; The question of competence -- Pt. 3: Disturbances in mood and perception. Geriatric depression and Alzheimer's ; I know she has Alzheimer's but why is she acting like this? : recognizing psychotic symptoms in Alzheimer's -- Pt. 4: Medical and psychological treatment approaches ; Treatment of Alzheimer's with medicines ; Changing the person's surroundings ; Talking to people with Alzheimer's ; Preventive activities for ourselves and others : lowering our odds of getting Alzheimer's.
- 1557534012 (alk. paper)
9781557534019 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 179-186) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Altoona copy: Purchased with funds from the Robert E. Eiche Memorial Fund; 20067.
View MARC record | catkey: 2996946