- Financial legend Barton Biggs' fictional account of the hedge world and the broader workings of Wall Street Barton Biggs' latest book is an inspirational rags to riches story of drive and financial talent. Told through the eyes of a fictional insider, this engaging story provides a detailed look at the hedge fund business in the late 1990s and through the first decade of the twenty-first century. A Tale From the Hedge Fund World chronicles the life of a poor boy who ends up amassing more wealth than he ever thought possible. From studying Wall Street charts while sitting on the sidelines of football practice to realizing how so much money can be made in a short period of time, this book provides a bird's eye view of the inner workings of Wall Street and what it takes to make it there. Puts the word of hedge funds in perspective and reveals the competitive and lucrative nature of this field Other titles by Biggs: Hedgehogging and Wealth, War & Wisdom Also describes the bursting of the mortgage bubble and the great financial crisis that followed No one knows more about the hedge fund world of the past twenty years than Barton Biggs. His new fable offers an entertaining look at this field and those who aspire to excel within it.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2007.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Wiley 2007
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29984377