Applied Three-Dimensional Subsurface Geological Mapping: With Structural Methods, 3rd Edition [electronic resource] / Tearpock, Daniel
- The Gold-Standard "Bible" for Applied Subsurface Geological Mapping: Extensively Updated for Working Teams' Latest Advances Long recognized as the most authoritative, practical, and comprehensive guide to structural mapping methods, Applied Three-Dimensional Subsurface Geological Mapping, Third Edition, has been thoroughly updated to reflect recent technical developments, with an emphasis on shale play basins, horizontal drilling, unconventional resources, and modern workflows. The authors of this edition have more than a century of collective experience in hydrocarbon exploration and development, in major, large, independent companies throughout the world. In this long-awaited update, they present revised and new chapters on computer mapping, shale basin exploration, and prospect reserves and risk. They introduce key innovations related to shale reservoirs, hydraulic fracturing, and deviated, horizontal, and directional wells, along with expanded discussions of computer interpretations and mapping. Throughout, the book links theory and practice based on fundamental geoscience principles. These principles will help you integrate all available geological, geophysical, and engineering data, to generate more reasonable and viable subsurface interpretations, and to construct maps that successfully identify reserves. Master core principles and proven methods for accurate subsurface interpretations and mapping Construct subsurface maps and cross-sections from well logs, seismic sections, and outcrop data Work effectively with horizontal and directionally drilled wells and directional surveys Use powerful well log-correlation techniques Construct viable fault and horizon structure maps Balance and interpret compressional, extensional, and strike-slip structures Distinguish between the different structure styles and the characterization of growth structures Understand isochore and isopach maps This book is indispensable for every integrated working team, consisting of geologists, geophysicists, and engineers, that prepares subsurface geological interpretations and maps, as well as for every manager, executive, and investor who uses or evaluates prospects. Register your book for convenient access to downloads, updates, and/or corrections as they become available. See inside book for details.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Pearson
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29984420