IBM Enterprise Workload Manager V2.1 [electronic resource] / Connolly, G..
- Connolly, G.
- IBM Redbooks, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (328 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Alexander, Sam, Bari, Paola, Botura, Andre, Ecker, Mark, Park, Kyungmee, Perzl, Cathrin, Xia, Hong, Yamazaki, Miho, and Safari Books Online (Firm)
- This IBM Redbooks publication provides an introduction to the Enterprise Workload Manager (EWLM) Version 2 Release 1. In addition to describing the overall product concept and functionality, it presents a detailed discussion of the elements that comprise an EWLM solution. Step-by-step instructions take you through the installation of EWLM code on multiple platforms, for both the domain manager and managed servers, and also show how to enable the instrumentation of the middleware for a 3-tier Web application. The features for administering EWLM are described, along with the monitoring, managing, and reporting capabilities. Sample scenarios implemented in the ITSO environment are used to guide you through the process of classifying workload and defining and deploying your own EWLM policy. These scenarios are then used to demonstrate the business goal based partition management capabilities of EWLM. Techniques for securing your EWLM domain as well as the load balancing capabilities of EWLM are described. Troubleshooting hints and tips are provided, along with some basic performance considerations to help you design the optimum EWLM solution. Please note that the additional material referenced in the text is not available from IBM.
- 0738496790 and 9780738496795
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2006.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29985041