OS/390 Parallel Sysplex Configuration, Volume 2: Cookbook [electronic resource] / Kyne, Frank
- The Parallel Sysplex Configuration redbooks consist of three volumes that help you design and configure a Parallel Sysplex. These redbooks assist you in making the key hardware and software choices necessary to meet your performance, capacity, and availability requirements. In addition to discussing many sysplex-related topics not documented elsewhere, these books contain, for the IBM large systems customer, practical information that has been collected from many sources and brought together into a single, comprehensive reference. The redbooks provide rules of thumb for configuring a Parallel Sysplex. They discuss central processing complex sizing, CF sizing, the Sysplex Timer, connectivity guidelines, the implications of Parallel Sysplex for IBM software such as OS/390 V2R8 and related subsystem configurations, and useful tools and services. Network, systems management and availability considerations are also discussed. These redbooks are a starting point for those involved in designing and configuring a Parallel Sysplex. They also may be used by those already having a Parallel Sysplex when further exploitation is being considered. The books refer to other relevant publications that cover specific areas in more depth. This book replaces Parallel Sysplex Configuation: Cookbook -- SG24-2076-00
- 0738417890 and 9780738417899
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2000.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29985512