- Systems Engineering and Architecting: Creating Formal Requirements presents formal requirements to help you accomplish key systems engineering and architecting activities more efficiently. The formal requirements-explicit, executable, verifiable instructions-explain how to model systems behavior, make decisions, establish natural language requirements, and improve your systems engineering and architecting processes. Each chapter opens with case studies and lessons learned, which supply the real-world context for the formal requirements. Topics covered include how to use fuzzy logic and agents to model uncertainty and how to make decisions when confronted with ambiguity. The book also clarifies the differences between architecting and systems engineering. Mathematical Tools for Systems Engineering and Architecting Written in Mathematica (R), each formal requirement provides a tool or serves as the algorithm for a more efficient implementation in another form. All of the requirements are available as an open source library for anyone to use, improve upon, or add to. Worked examples, illustrations, and example surveys help you apply the requirements to your own systems. The book also lists heuristics to guide you in those systems engineering or architecting activities that cannot yet be formally stipulated. Bring More Consistency to Your Systems Development and Management Acknowledging that much of the practice remains an art, this book brings as much scientific rigor as possible to the tasks performed by systems engineers and architects. Written by a director of engineering who led systems engineering or architecting efforts for the Space Shuttle Program, Space Control Architecture Development, and others, this book shows you how to develop more consistent processes for large-scale systems.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2012.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © CRC Press 2012 2012
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29985842