Up and Running with DB2 UDB ESE: Partitioning for Performance in an e-Business Intelligence World [electronic resource] / Baragoin, Corinne
- Data warehouses in the 1990s were for the privileged few business analysts. Business Intelligence is now being democratized by being shared with the rank and file employee demanding higher levels of RDBMS scalability and ease of use, being delivered through Web portals. To support this emerging e-Business Intelligence world, the challenges that face the enterprises for their centralized data warehouse RDBMS technology are scalability, performance, availability and smart manageability. This IBM Redbooks publication focuses on the innovative technical functionalities of DB2 UDB ESE V8.1 and discusses: - Guidelines on building the large database and determining the number of partitions - Bulk load using the new multipartition load - Performance enhancements using MultiDimensional Clustering and Materialized Query Tables. - Availability through the new online utilities - Self Managing And Resource Tuning features - Migration scenarios This book positions the new functionalities, so you can understand and evaluate their applicability in your own enterprise data warehouse environment, and get started prioritizing and implementing them. Please note that the additional material referenced in the text is not available from IBM.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2003.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29986044