Technological and Modern Irrigation Environment in Egypt [electronic resource] : Best Management Practices & Evaluation / edited by El-Sayed E. Omran, Abdelazim M. Negm
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Physical Description:
- X, 369 pages 66 illustrations, 45 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Omran, El-Sayed E., Negm, Abdelazim M., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- An Overview of Modern Irrigation system in Egypt -- Irrigation: Water Resources, Types and Common Problems in Egypt -- Need for Irrigation System Evaluation -- Evolution of irrigation system, tools and Technologies -- Smart Sensing System for Precision Irrigation -- Development of Recent Information on Irrigation Technology and Management.
- This book gathers contributions on modern irrigation environments in Egypt from an environmental and agricultural perspective. Written by leading experts in the field, it discusses a wide variety of modern irrigation problems. In the context of water resources management in Egypt, one fundamental problem is the gap between growing water demand and limited supply. As such, improving irrigation systems and providing farmers with better control over water are crucial to increasing productivity. The book presents state-of-the-art technologies and techniques that can be effectively used to address a range of problems in modern irrigation, as well as the latest research advances. Focusing on water sensing and information technologies, automated irrigation technologies, and improved irrigation efficiency. It brings together a team of experts who share their personal experiences, describe the various applications, present recent advances, and discuss possibilities for interdisciplinary collaboration and implementing the techniques covered.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 29987266