Putting knowledge networks into action [electronic resource] : methodology, development, maintenance / Andrea Back [and others], editors ; with contributions by Andreas Seufert [and others].
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (vi, 196 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Back, Andrea
- Preliminaries; Table of Contents; INTRODUCTION; 1 MANAGEMENT SUMMARY; 2 AT A GLANCE -- COMPETING THROUGH KNOWLEDGE NETWORKS; 3 ABOUT THIS HANDBOOK; 4 BUILDING BLOCKS; 5 STORYBOARD -- SETTING UP KNOWLEDGE NETWORKS; 6 SUMMARY AND ACTION PLAN; 7 LIST OF FIGURES; 8 LIST OF TABLES; 9 INDEX; 10 REFERENCES.
- "The concepts and theories of knowledge management and networks are meanwhile well documented. Yet there are few, if any, guidelines on how to implement knowledge management within an organization, especially focusing on how to manage knowledge in a network environment. This shows that managing knowledge in networks is a rather new and unexplored field. This book visualizes paths that allow one to make connections between theories, concepts and concrete actions. Knowledge networks are organizational forms within companies that connect key experts to share knowledge and therefore fulfil strategic goals. Managing knowledge in network environments is a fast-moving field attempting to integrate various disciplines such as human resources, organizational development, change management, strategy, information technology, sociology and network theory. This book shows how to integrate these different roots into a holistic view on managing knowledge in networks. It develops a methodology which will support the reader to move concrete steps forward towards building and maintaining knowledge networks in his organization."--Jacket.
- 3540405747 (alk. paper), 9783540405740 (alk. paper), 3540272682 (electronic bk.), 9783540272687 (electronic bk.), 9786610627516, and 6610627517
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -196) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2998841