An evaluation of the public schools of the District of Columbia [electronic resource] : reform in a changing landscape / Committee for the Five-Year (2009-2013) Summative Evaluation of the District of Columbia Public Schools, Board on Testing and Assessment, Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education, National Research Council of the National Academies
- Corporate Author:
- National Research Council (U.S.). Committee for the Five-Year (2009-2013) Summative Evaluation of the District of Columbia Public School
- Washington, D.C. : National Academies Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xv, 325 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- National Research Council (U.S.). Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education and National Research Council (U.S.). Board on Testing and Assessment
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Context for school reform in D.C. -- Coordination, efficiency, and lines of authority -- Improving teacher quality -- Learning conditions -- Outcomes -- Synthesis, Conslusions, and recommendations -- Appendices.
- "An Evaluation of the Public Schools of the District of Columbia is a comprehensive five-year summative evaluation report for Phase Two of an initiative to evaluate the District of Columbia's public schools. Consistent with the recommendations in the 2011 report A Plan for Evaluating the District of Columbia's Public Schools, this new report describes changes in the public schools during the period from 2009 to 2013. An Evaluation of the Public Schools of the District of Columbia examines business practices, human resources operations and human capital strategies, academic plans, and student achievement. This report identifies what is working well seven years after legislation was enacted to give control of public schools to the mayor of the District of Columbia and which areas need additional attention."--Publisher's description.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 211- 226).
View MARC record | catkey: 29990836