Implementing Splunk 7 - Third Edition [electronic resource]: Effective Operational Intelligence to Transform Machine-Generated Data into Valuable Business Insight, 3rd Edition
- D. Miller, James
- Birmingham : Packt Publishing, Limited March 2018
- 3rd ed.
- Physical Description:
- 576 p. 03.640 x 02.950 in.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation A comprehensive guide to making machine data accessible across the organization using advanced dashboards Key FeaturesEnrich machine-generated data and transform it into useful, meaningful insightsPerform search operations and configurations, build dashboards, and manage logsExtend Splunk services with scripts and advanced configurations to process optimal resultsBook DescriptionSplunk is the leading platform that fosters an efficient methodology and delivers ways to search, monitor, and analyze growing amounts of big data. This book will allow you to implement new services and utilize them to quickly and efficiently process machine-generated big data. We introduce you to all the new features, improvements, and offerings of Splunk 7. We cover the new modules of Splunk: Splunk Cloud and the Machine Learning Toolkit to ease data usage. Furthermore, you will learn to use search terms effectively with Boolean and grouping operators. You will learn not only how to modify your search to make your searches fast but also how to use wildcards efficiently. Later you will learn how to use stats to aggregate values, a chart to turn data, and a time chart to show values over time; you'll also work with fields and chart enhancements and learn how to create a data model with faster data model acceleration. Once this is done, you will learn about XML Dashboards, working with apps, building advanced dashboards, configuring and extending Splunk, advanced deployments, and more. Finally, we teach you how to use the Machine Learning Toolkit and best practices and tips to help you implement Splunk services effectively and efficiently. By the end of this book, you will have learned about the Splunk software as a whole and implemented Splunk services in your tasks at projectsWhat you will learnFocus on the new features of the latest version of Splunk Enterprise 7Master the new offerings in Splunk: Splunk Cloud and the Machine Learning ToolkitCreate efficient and effective searches within the organizationMaster the use of Splunk tables, charts, and graph enhancementsUse Splunk data models and pivots with faster data model accelerationMaster all aspects of Splunk XML dashboards with hands-onapplicationsCreate and deploy advanced Splunk dashboards to share valuable business insights with peers Who this book is forThis book is intended for data analysts, business analysts, and IT administrators who want to make the best use of big data, operational intelligence, log management, and monitoring within their organization. Some knowledge of Splunk services will help you get the most out of the book
- 9781788836289 and 1788836286 (Trade Paper)
- Audience Notes:
- Trade Packt Publishing, Limited
View MARC record | catkey: 29991640