Trusting medicine : the moral costs of managed care / Patricia Illingworth
- Illingworth, Patricia M. L., 1954-
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- x, 184 pages ; 24 cm
- Conflicting values in a troubled health-care system -- Bluffing, puffing, and spinning -- Trust : the scarcest of medical resources -- The doctor-patient relationship in a social context -- Conserving medical trust for the sake of social capital -- Law, its meaning, and its effect on social capital -- Employer leadership in the era of workplace rationing -- Protecting medical trust, conserving social capital.
- 0415364825 (hbk. : alk. paper)
0415364833 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -177) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3000315