Biophysics from molecules to brain : in memory of Radoslav K. Andjus / edited by Željko Vučinić [and others].
- Conference Author:
- International Biophysics Symposium (22nd : 2004 : Sveti Stefan, Montenegro and Belgrade, Serbia)
- New York : New York Academy of Sciences, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 531 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Vučinić, Željko
Andjus, Radoslav K., 1926-2003
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences ; v. 1048
- Remembering Radoslav Andjus -- Radoslav K. Andjus (1926-2003): a brief summary of his life and work -- Brain energetics and tolerance to anoxia in deep hypothermia -- Equilibrium of nucleotides in the dogfish brain -- Mechanisms of immediate temperature compensation: experiments with brain synaptosomes from rat and ground squirrel -- Some components of hibernation rhythms -- Photopic vision in eels: evidences of color discrimination -- Modeling of the migration of the European glass eel -- Imaging of spiking and subthreshold activity in mitral cells with voltage-sensitive dyes -- Circadian rhythmicity in AVP secretion and GABAergic synaptic transmission in the rat suprachiasmatic nucleus -- Molecular dissection of purinergic P2X receptor channels -- Spontaneous electrical activity and structural plasticity in the mature cerebellar cortex -- Neurite-myelin interaction in the control of purkinje axon growth and regeneration -- Amyloid precursor protein: from synaptic plasticity to Alzheimer's disease -- Interaction between microglia and oligodendrocyte cell progenitors involves Golli proteins -- Exploring motor cortical plasticity using transcranial magnetic stimulation in humans -- Short-term facilitation and depression in the cerebellum: some observations on wild-type and mutant rodents deficient in the extracellular matrix molecule tenascin C -- Direction selectivity in the goldfish tectum revisited -- Quantitative methods of analysis of footprinting diagrams for the complexes formed by a ligand with a DNA fragment of known sequence -- New insights into the structural organization of the plant polymer lignin -- EPR spin trapping of oxygen radicals in plants: a methodological overview -- The coexistence of the oxidative and reductive systems in roots: the role of plasma membranes -- Gene expression in the conversion of early-phase to late-phase long-term potentiation -- Endocytosis-dominated membrane area decrease requires rab5 protein in rat melanotrophs -- Correlated ATP-induced changes in membrane area and membrane conductance in single rat adiposytes -- Altered cellular distribution of phospho-tau proteins coincides with impaired retrograde axonal transport in neurons of aged rats -- Downregulation of glial scarring after brain injury: the effect of purine nucleoside analogue ribavirin -- ³¹P NMR spectroscopy and polarographic combined study of erythrocytes treated with 5-fluorouracil: cardiotoxicity-related changes in ATP, 2,3-BPG, and O₂ metabolism -- Focus-drift correction in time-lapse confocal imaging -- Effects of extracellular calcium on fASIC1 currents -- Role of calcium in exocytosis induced by hypotonic swelling -- Estradiol affects calcium transport across mitochondrial membrane in different brain regions -- Determinants of low EPSP attenuation in primary dendrites of mitral cells: modeling study -- Electrophysical effect of [beta]-N-methylamino-L-alanine on Retzius nerve cells of the leech Haemopis sanguisuga -- Effects of cooling on the response of the snail bursting neuron to acetylcholine -- Allosteric modulation of the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor by physostigmine -- Effects of some heavy metals on the action potentials of an identified Helix pomatia photosensitive neuron -- Mitochondrial superoxide production and MnSOD activity after exposure to agonist and antagonists of ionotropic glutamate receptors in hippocampus -- CuZn superoxide dismutase in the hippocampus and brain cortex of rats exposed to various stress conditions -- Differences in antioxidative response of rat hippocampus and cortex after exposure to clinical dose of [gamma]-rays -- Antioxidant enzyme activity in rat hippocampus after chronic and acute stress exposure -- The effects of exposure to extremely low-frequency magnetic field and amphetamine on the reduced glutathione in the brain -- The effects of extremely low-frequency magnetic field on motor activity of rats in the open field -- Detecting long-range correlations in time series of dorsal horn neuron discharges -- Combination of nucleoside analogues tiazofurin and ribavirin down-regulates experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis -- Different effects of adenosine A1 agonist ribavirin on amphetamine-induced total locomotor and stereotypic activities in rats -- The mechanisms of 6-hydroxydopamine-induced astrocyte death -- Proximal dystrophin gene deletions and protein alterations in Becker muscular dystrophy -- MAPK activation in cerebellar basket cell terminals after harmaline treatment -- Simulation of the neuronal interactions and connection of neuronal activity with changes of heart rhythm and myocardial electrophysiological properties -- Correlation properties and regularity of heart period time series: influence of posture and heart disease -- Estimation of parameter kmax in fractal analysis of rat brain activity -- A theoretical study of hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenocortical axis dynamics -- Spectral sensitivity of direction-selective ganglion cells in the fish retina -- Receptive-field structure of direction-sensitive ganglion cells projecting to the goldfish tectum -- Influence of photic environment on the form of the fish electroretinographic off-response -- Characterization of luminal and peritubular membrane K⁺ selectivity in proximal tubular cells of frog kidney -- Effects of metal ions on plasma membrane Mg²⁺-ATPase in rat uterus and ovaries -- Apoptosis of peripheral human blood lymphocytes induced by physical-chemical influences and generation of reactive oxygen species -- The mechanism of hemolysis of erythrocytes by sodium dodecyl sulfate -- Study of the pH-dependent conformational changes in [alpha]1-acid glycoprotein using FRET -- Numerically simulated pH-induced reactivation of catalytic ativity of horseradish peroxidase -- Nonenzymatic reaction of dihydroxyacetone with hydrogen peroxide enhanced via a Fenton reaction -- Characterization of enzymatically synthesized diferulate -- Detection of oxygen -centered radicals using EPR spin-trap DEPMPO: the effect of oxygen -- Gibberellic acid nitrite stimulates germination of two species of light-requiring seeds via the nitric oxide pathway -- The effect of anoxia on polyP content of Phycomyces blakesleeanus mycelium studied by ³¹P NMR spectroscopy -- Ca²⁺ and H⁺ ion fluxes near the surface of gravitropically stimulated Phycomyces sporangiophore -- A new model system for investigation of ionic channels in filamentous fungi: evidence for existence of two K⁺-permeable ionic channels in Phycomyces blakesleeanus -- Mycorrhiza formation enhances adaptive response of hybrid poplar to drought -- Ascorbic acid and the oxidative processes in pea root cell wall isolates: characterization by fluorescence and EPR spectroscopy -- Changes in Chenopodium rubrum seeds with aging -- Fluorescent properties of spinach leaf plasma membranes and chloroplast envelopes -- The mutual effect of extracellular Ca²⁺, abscisic acid, and pH on the rate of stomatal closure -- Genetic code: an alternative model of translation -- Biophysical scenario of giant gel formation in the northern Adriatic Sea.
- 1573315494 (cloth : alk. paper)
1573315753 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available via the World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 3016921