Andean metallogeny : new discoveries, concepts, and updates / Richard H. Sillitoe, José Perelló, and César E. Vidal, editors
- Littleton, CO : Society of Economic Geologists, 2004.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 357 pages : illustrations (some color), maps (some color) ; 28 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Sillitoe, Richard H.
Vidal, César E.
Society of Economic Geologists (U.S.)
Congreso Peruano de Geología (11th : 2002 : Lima, Peru)
Congreso Geológico Chileno (10th : 2003 : Concepción, Chile)
- Special publication / Society of Economic Geologists, 1547-3112 ; no. 11
- Language Note:
- Summaries also in Spanish.
- Musings on future exploration targets and strategies in the Andes / Richard H. Sillitoe -- New chronology for El Teniente, Chilean Andes, from U-Pb, Ar/Ar, Re-Os, and fission-track dating: implications for the evolution of a supergiant porphyry Cu-Mo deposit / Victor Maksaev et al. -- Isotopic evidence for magmatic-dominated epithermal processes in the El Indio-Pascua Au-Cu- Ag belt and relationship to geomorphologic setting / C. L. Deyell, T. Bissig, and R.O. Rye -- Characteristics and formation of the Jeronimo carbonate-replacement gold deposit, Potrerillos District, Chile / John F. H. Thompson et al. -- Geologic characteristics and exploration significance of gold-rich porphyry copper deposits in the El Salvador Region, Northern Chile / Sergio L. Rivera, Tomas Vila, and Jorge Osorio -- Geology and geochemistry of epithermal Au-Ag mineralization in the El Penon District, Northern Chile / Ian Warren et al -- Hypogene evolution of the Escondida porphyry copper deposit, Chile / Ruben A. Padilla-Garza, Spencer R. Titley, and Christopher J. Eastoe -- Discovery and geology of the Esperanza porphyry copper-gold deposit, Antofagasta Region, Northern Chile / Jose Perello, Humberto Brockway, and Ricardo Martini --
El Tesoro exotic copper deposit, Antofagasta Region, Northern Chile / Rodrigo Mora et al -- Discovery and geology of the Toki porphyry copper deposit, Chuquicamata District, Northern Chile / Sergio L. Rivera and Ruben Pardo -- Cotabambas: late eocene porphyry copper-gold mineralization southwest of Cuzco, Peru / Jose Perella et al -- Enargite-gold deposits at Marcapunta, Colquijirca Mining District, Central Peru: mineralogic and geochemical zoning in subvolcanic, limestone-replacement deposits of high-sulfidation epithermal type / Cesar E. Vidal and Rolando Ligarda -- Uchucchacua: a major silver producer in South America / Ulrich Petersen et al. -- Geology and development history of the Antamina Copper-Zinc Skarn Deposit, Peru / Stewart D. Redwood -- Porphyry epithermal transition, Cajamarca Region, Northern Peru Lewis B. Gustafson et al. -- Geology, mineralization, and genesis of the La Quinua Gold Deposit, Yanacocha District, Northern Peru / Patrick M. Mallette, Raul E. Rojas, and Alberto R. Gutierrez -- Space-time relationships of some porphyry Cu-Au, epithermal Au, and other magmatic-related mineral deposits in Northern Peru / Donald C. Noble et al. -- A reconstructed Cretaceous depositional setting for giant volcanogenic massive sulfide deposits at Tambogrande, Northwestern Peru / Lawrence S. Winter et al. -- Oxidized gold skarns in the Nambija District, Ecuador / Lluis Fontbote et al.
- "The papers in this volume were presented at either the 11th Peruvian Geological Congress held September 2002 in Lima, Peru, or the 10th Chilean Geological Congress held October 2003 in Concepción, Chile, both of which had economic geology sessions sponsored by the Society of Economic Geologists"--Pref.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment Fund; 20056.
View MARC record | catkey: 3018421